Here at New Beginnings, we’re passionate about helping people discover the transforming power of faith in Jesus Christ. Want to join us? Check out our available positions below!
Reports to: Faith Journey Director
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
The Children’s Ministry Director is responsible for providing leadership and direction to the children’s ministry (newborn through 4th grade) to equip NBLC households to share faith where they live, work, and play. The person in this position thrives on building and equipping teams so that, through the Word, there is a lasting impact on children. Responsibilities include weekly children’s programming, special events, recruiting and equipping volunteers, budgeting, promoting, and advancing all aspects of NBLC’s ministries to children in alignment with the other ministries of the congregation. The person in this position will drive Children’s Ministry beyond the status quo through creative platforms to pursue our mission to know Christ and make Christ known.
KEY RESULTS AREA:
- Recruits, disciples, and motivates a growing team of children’s ministry volunteers.
- Manage, equip, and support team members through various channels by providing communications, training, and development for children’s team members.
- Utilize marketing strategies for attracting greater household participation in the programs offered.
- Communicate children’s ministry activities to the congregation through various channels.
- Responsible for the children’s (newborn through 4th grade) regular programming and special events.
- Manage the budget for children’s ministry.
- Identify benchmark ministries and formulate strategies to implement best practices for continually improving ministry to children.
- Oversee management of curricula and supplies.
- Ensure effective administration of rotation schedule for children’s ministry team members.
- Provide ministry venues designed to equip families for continued Christian nurture as well as developing relationships between NBLC households that helps create community and an effective process of a life-long faith journey.
- Ensure NBLC’s database (i.e., myNBLC) remains updated for all households with children 0-4th grade.
- Entrepreneurial spirit, outstanding oral, visual, and written communication ability.
- Strong team building and leadership skills
- Ever growing familiarity with MS Office, Publisher, Google Apps, and related tools.
- Creativity, management skills, and excellent interpersonal skills that make it possible to recruit, equip, manage, and lead volunteers in wide age-range.
- A member in good standing of NBLC who demonstrates a commitment to the congregation’s Vision Framework.
- Experience and commitment to volunteer recruitment, management, and leadership.
- Passion for and deep commitment to the Holy Scriptures as the inspired Word of God and the Lutheran Confessions as the correct interpretation of the Holy Scriptures.
- Passion for ministry to children and their families.
- Demonstrated resilience and ability to effectively initiate and complete projects with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work cooperatively with a wide variety of people, creating consensus with authenticity and transparency.
- Bachelor’s degree required.