We are not content to ask God to bless us and our faith family alone. We are blessed to be blessings, in our community and to the ends of the earth. We will reach beyond our walls to SERVE OUR TOWN, plant new churches, and partner with others to multiply gospel efforts around the world!
As long as Missouri has people who don’t know Jesus, we’re not finished. If any in our nation don’t know Jesus, we’re not finished. So long as there are people in our world who don’t know Jesus, we’re not finished. We live to know Christ and make Christ known! We’re committed to spending our lives to reach the unreached and share Jesus with our unchurched family and friends. We celebrate how God has used NBLC to make Jesus known so far …
- SERVE OUR TOWN demonstrates Christ-like service. Over 100 from our faith family have supplemented a core of ~25 others who have done everything from raking leaves to refurbishing households and flood relief. Through our church, over $150k in labor and materials has been rendered in service to our community since 2014!
- We have a rich history of seeking to fulfill the Great Commission. NBLC and three partner churches formed the Tian Shan Mission Society (TSMS). We’ve also sent short-term mission teams for service and evangelism with the Central America Lutheran Mission Society (CALMS).
- God has brought the nations to our doorstep that we might share faith among college students through International Student Mission (ISM), among refugees through Christian Friends of New Americans (CFNA), and work with Muslims through People of the Book Lutheran Outreach (POBLO).
- We’ve launched three new churches in Washington, O’Fallon, and University City, MO. With all three we’ve seen people come to faith in Jesus Christ and be baptized. We celebrate two flourishing plants and a fourth one in the making!
- We have a growing list of other mission minded activities: MO DOT Adopt a Road, Operation Clean Stream, Agape Help House, Thanksgiving Turkey Challenge, Adopt-a-Family Christmas Gifts, Operation Christmas Child, and Heifer Projects.